Australia’s networks and systems are hard to compromise and resilient to cyber attack.
To achieve our goal, the Government will:
- establish a layered approach for sharing real time public-private cyber threat information through joint cyber threat sharing centres, initially piloted in a capital city, and an online cyber threat sharing portal.
- co-design national voluntary Cyber Security Guidelines with the private sector to specify good practice.
- update the Strategies to Mitigate Targeted Cyber Intrusions, published by the Australian Signals Directorate.
- introduce national voluntary Cyber Security Governance ‘health checks’ to enable boards and senior management to better understand their cyber security status.
- support small businesses to have their cyber security tested.
- boost the capacity of the Australian Cyber Security Centre to respond to cyber security threats and cybercrime.
- update and align our cyber incident management arrangements with international partners and jointly exercise responses to malicious cyber activity with the private sector.
- support Government agencies to improve their cyber security, including guidance for Government agencies to manage supply chain security risks for ICT equipment and services.